Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sad news

John's last living grandparent Gigi, passed away today. Gigi was a pistol of a woman, and she had a wonderful life. She was about a week away from her 91st birthday when she passed. We were hoping that Gigi would live to meet the baby, but she can now protect and watch over David in energy and love.

As I'm sitting here wondering what to write I keep thinking of all the great times I spent with Gigi. Though I'd only known Gigi for about 3 years now, she had become very special to me. I'm a pretty family oriented person and I was very close with my own grandmother. I lost my own grandmother about 9 years ago, and having Gigi in my life made it as though I had that part of my family back again. Now with her passing I'm again feeling the sting of losing such a loving presence in my life.

I'm grateful that I did get to spend time with Gigi learning about her past and her life. I learned about her life in Dalhart during the Dust Bowl and Depression era, about her time in DC during the war, and her life afterwards living in DC. I'm grateful that Gigi was able to be at our wedding, and that she passed knowing that the Poole line would continue on in our son. I'm grateful for the times we spent with Gigi in DC, for being able to be there at Gigi's 90th birthday party; for the weekend shopping together in Port Aransus, and for all the other little moments I got to spend with her. I'm mostly grateful that because of all these experiences and everything I learned that both John and I will be able to pass on our memories of her to our son.

We all love you Gigi, and we all know that you are now in a better place. I keep reminding myself how full of energy you were, and that energy never dies. Energy can never be destroyed, it only changes form. So though you may not be here in physical presence with us any longer, I know that your energy and your presence is not gone from us completely. I believe in reincarnation, and I believe that we continue to meet and experience the people that mean the most to use throughout our lives and through out our incarnations. So keeping those beliefs close to me, allows me to say that I will meet you again Gigi. Though I may not perceive exactly who you are to me, I know that my soul will recognize you right away. You have touched my life, and in turn you have already touched our son's life. Thank you for sharing your time and love with us on this plane. Rest in Peace.

Frances "Gigi" Poole
Nov. 1 1919 - Oct. 23 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment