Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Let me tell you about yourself

To my sweet baby boy,

As the days of my pregnancy are now over I'm going to address these posts to you, my sweet David, in the hopes that you will read about yourself when your older. I know I always enjoyed reading and hearing the little things that my mom had written about me when I was younger, so I want you to have that as well.

You are such a joy! In my completely unbiased opinion you are the cutest little thing to ever live. It's funny how everyone thinks you look like your father, or your Ducky, or your grandpa, or your nana, though all those people know that it's really me that you look like. Your Dad even said last night that he doesn't know what people are seeing when they say you look like him because all he can see is me in you. He said you look like a mini male version of me.

You are almost 6 months old now. We've started you on solid foods, so far you are eating carrots and sweet potatoes. Next week we'll move you to yellow vegatables and then to green veggies, and after that we'll move you to fruits. You make these funny little faces when your eating, like your not sure what it is that's in your mouth. What's really funny though is when your having your bottle. You get so upset if we don't give your bottle right away, and if we take it away to burp you or to fix the nipple on the bottle you will cry and scream your head off. You've never gone without a meal and you've never been left wanting but you are a little used to getting your way. You pretty much have everyone wrapped around your little finger.

Your starting to scooch crawl now, and your definitely getting more mobile. I'm afraid we're going to have to start baby proofing the house now, cause I don't want baby to bonk his head on anything. I was able to put you in your exersaucer now and you just LOVE it! You can stand up in it if you want to or you can sit down and you can spin yourself around to all the toys that are there for you to play with on it. So you'll just entertain yourself for hours in that thing. You still love your quilt time too but I think the exersaucer is training your legs and your trunk muscles a little bit more.

You still sleep with me in the early morning hours, mostly because I have problems if I'm not sleeping with you and you and I love to take naps together when I've taken off of work. I usually can always get you to sleep. Though you don't like it when I leave you in the morning and it breaks my heart to go too. I know if Daddy had to hear it he would get the lead out on finding a better job so I could stay home with you more.

You love to stick everything in your mouth at this point, and you are so quick with getting Mommy's glasses off her face. You can do it so deaftly and then you stick them in your mouth and start sucking on my glasses. You have also taken to pulling hair which does hurt alot. You grab daddy's chest hair to pull yourself up and you grab the little hairs at the back of my neck when I'm holding you. But your so sweet and cute that even though you hurt us sometimes we still love you.

You are a very bright little boy, so alert and attentive and you love attention. Daddy is certain that you are an extrovert and that you are a people person like your mommy. I'm secretly hoping that's true, cause your my sweet boy and you and I have a very strong connection to each other. You are the world to me little one and I love you more then I thought I could ever love anything. When you smile, or laugh, or squeal at me I just melt everytime. I so want to hear you say Mommy. Well I need to go for now. I love you my sweet boy!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment