Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last Week

I was chastised last night for not posting a new blog, so I'm going to make up for it today. I actually tried to post a new one a few days ago and my silly laptop deleted my entry and I didn't feel like starting over.

Part of the reason I didn't post last week was because I had some sad news to process. John took our dog Dorien back to the shelter. Dorien was a sweet dog and I was very attached to him, but taking him back was the best and wisest option. Dorien had a few behavioral problems, the hardest to deal with being that he was terrified of John. I was the only person that Dorien would obey and even then he only obeyed me about 65 % of the time.

Even though John had only ever loved Dorien, the dog would bolt and run away anytime John can near. He would even occaisionally soil himself and the house when John got close to him. Dorien also wouldn't really let anyone else take care of him, and was given to bouts of bolting out the door every once and a while. John and I decided that this wasn't a very good situation with me being pregnant. I couldn't go running after Dorien down the street if I were 8 months pregnant. Also, someone would need to take care of Dorien while I was giving labor and in the hospital recovering and that really couldn't happen if I was the only person that Dorien would come to.

So we both decided it would be best to give Dorien back to the shelter. We had tried to send him to the Eskie rescue but the rescue wouldn't call us back for 3 weeks and actually didn't call us back until 3 days after we had taken Dorien back to the shelter. John went back to the Shelter to try to get Dorien to take him to the rescue, but when he went Dorien had already been adopted. While my heart is a little bruised, I do have my own little one to worry about now. I send my love out to Dorien and will trust in the universe that the family who has him now will love him as much as I did.

Another thing that happened last week was after John took Dorien back to the shelter, my BF Ali took me to the Star Wars Concert, which was freakin AWESOME! Ali really helped me by taking my mind off of losing Dorien. We were about 20 feet away from the stage and loved every moment of it. I think I spent half the show with my mouth half open.

On Monday I went in to my Primary Care Doctor to get my sinus infection taken care of (since my OBGYN didn't really want to deal with it). This Dr. diagnosed that I did have acute sinusitis and gave me some antibiotics to take, which has knocked out the sinus infection that was causing so many problems. So I do feel much better now, and I'm feeling more like myself.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful, just work and home; work and home, and I'll pick up the rest in the next blog ;D.

No comments:

Post a Comment