Thursday, June 17, 2010

This Week

The major change this week.....I got a haircut. That's right, the long locks that was always back in a bun have been chopped off. I didn't go super short, just to my shoulders, but it's a graduated bob with stacked layers in the back. Everyone seems to really love it, and it certainly looks good on me. John was a little sad that I cut my hair, but he's gotten used to the new look now I think. The most important thing is that the new cut is doing what I wanted it to, which is motivate me to put a little effort into my appearance ;D.

A lot of people have asked me when we will know what the baby's gender is and if we're finding out. Hopefully I can list the answers here and get folks to spread it around. Yes, we are finding out. I'm too much of a planner to not find out the gender, and John wants to know so he can attach a pronoun to the baby instead of calling the baby "It" all the time. We should find out the gender at my next ultrasound which is on June 29th. So we should know by my birthday if I'm carrying a Tarah Ellen or a David Rawlings.

I've also figured out that the baby doesn't like Monday's. It's the weirdest thing but I always get sick on Monday's. I'm perfectly fine the rest of the week but Monday's are not good for me. I have to remember that to see what day the baby is born on.

I've started to feel the baby moving too. There's actually 3 distinct feelings. One is my ligaments stretching. This is accompanied by a very quick pain that almost feels like I've pulled or dislocated something. These happen occaisionally but not too often, and it's the only actual "pain" I've felt. The second is my uterus stretching. This is accompanied by a feeling like a string of dental floss is being pulled across my abdomen. The third feeling is the actual baby moving. This feeling is like a fluttering like butterflies in my stomach, or it could be a slight pressure that is also felt in other body parts like my breasts.

I've also started to show a bit now. It's easier to see that my hips are spreading and I'm carrying kind of high. this is part of the reason why the ladies at work think I'm having a girl. They're using the old wives method of predicting the gender by how I'm carrying. Even though I see that I'm getting bigger and I feel like I'm gaining weight, I actually haven't gained anything recently, which I hope will continue. I want my baby to eat my fat ;D.

So that about brings us up to date with what's happened with me and baby. Now hopefully I can stay up to date from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment