Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Survey says....

It's a Boy! I have done my wifely duty and conceived a son and heir to the Poole dynasty!

I had the big ultra sound this week. Aside from the less than enthusiastic sonographer, she did at least let us know that I am carrying a healthy baby boy. During the ultra sound she couldn't get all the measurements she needed though because the baby kept moving around. He was also being modest and wouldn't show us his little third leg for a few minutes. Because little David was moving around so much they wound up having to send me to another Doctor to have another ultrasound done. Lord only knows why they couldn't just reschedule me for another ultrasound there, but it actually worked out well.

I went for my 2nd ultrasound today at the other Doctor's office and realized that I preferred that place to where I have been going. I didn't even meet the Doctor but his staff was more friendly and personable then the staff at my Dr.'s office. It almost makes me wish I was a high risk patient, so I could get in to that Doctors roster. The sonographer there was much more friendly and David seemed to respond to that by cooperating with her. She had no problem getting all the measurements and got some great profile shots of David.

So now that we know it's a Boy, we will need to re-paint the room where the nursery is going to be. Some folks are like "Hey purple works for boys too!" which is true it's the color of royalty. However I think lavender might be a tad too feminine for a little boy. So the room will probably go to a blue or a green depending on what John and I settle on for the bedding. I do wish I could find some Star Wars crib sets to snuggle my little Jedi into. Sadly I will have to wait a few years before the Star Wars sheet sets come into the shopping agenda =D.

No comments:

Post a Comment