Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby dream 04/15/2010

Last night I dreamt that I was back in Santa Fe, though in a different apartment than I'd ever lived in before. From the looks of the place I had just moved in, since everything was still in boxes and there was nothing on the walls. A friend of mine was there, but I couldn't tell which friend.

Suddenly the front door opened and my grandmother walked in. I was excited to see her and gave her a hug. She came and sat down at my old (we're talking back in 1999) dining room table. That was when it hit me, and I asked my grandmother "Aren't you supposed to be dead?" (Grandma died back in 2000) She just shrugged her shoulder's as though it were no big deal.

So I got dressed, since I was planning on going out, and I left the apartment. In the next scene I was riding in the car with my mother who was driving me to this party I was going to. We pulled up and started doing circles in the deserted parking lot while she and I talked. We were outside of what looked to be an old warehouse structure. My friend Amy was walking around the outside of the building to meet me with a margarita in her hand. I remember being miffed that she was drinking in front of me since I was pregnant and couldn't drink.

I told my mom while still in the car "Guess who I saw tonight? Grandma came over to my place. Isn't she supposed to be dead?" Again, mom just shrugged her shoulders as though it was no big deal that my grandmother had showed up at my new apartment. After that I woke up and needed to use the restroom, cause that's what we pregnant women do =D.

On a side note, it was great to see my grandmother again, even if she was only in a dream. I've missed her so much since she passed away, and I know she would be exstatic that I have another Cleveland baby on the way. So Grandma, wherever you are, I love you and I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. I would not put it past Kitty to come back from the dead to make sure you did this whole pregnancy thing right :)

    ReplyDelete