Monday, April 26, 2010

Cup size

For years now, I've envied the bigger busted members of my family. I was always wanting a bigger bust since I had relatively small breasts compared to the rest of my family (I've always been a C cup, where most of the women in my family are D's or DD's). Also my breasts have never been super sensitive, in fact I rarely felt anything at all. So in the past I would also wish I had some kind of feeling in my boobs. Looking back now I should have been careful of what I wished for.

When I got pregnant everyone told me my breasts were going to change. The first thing I noticed was how sore they were, not only did I have feeling in my boobs but they hurt on top of it! Then came the swelling, or as my husband calls it "The remarkable gift from God!". He says my boobs are so excited about finally getting to fulfill their purpose, which of course makes him excited too ;P.

Now for some background information, I was hit in the chest with a soccer ball when I was eight. Now I've never been sure if that contributed anything but I've always had one breasts noticably larger then the other one. Hence why I call my boobs Itsy (the bigger one) and Bitsy (the smaller one). So I knew there was something weird happening when Bitsy started overflowing my bras. Relatively soon after that I noticed that none of my bras (even the bigger ones that my mother had given me from when she cleaned out her chest of drawers) didn't fit me anymore.

Yesterday, Ali and I went to Target on a mission to find bras for me. With trepidation and fear I grabbed the DD cup size and took it into dressing room. All the while thinking, "there's no way I could have swelled up two cup sizes; surely I would only be at a D cup now". HA! Boy was I wrong. Not only was I a perfect DD cup now, but both Itsy and Bitsy fit snuggly and comfortably in their new cup size. So with disbelief and a vague sense of nausea I bought 3 bras in my new cup size. Ali of course said "That's what you get for envying my DD boobs." She was right of course, you should always be careful what you wish for.

Now you may ask yourself, why is this so traumatic for me? Why is having bigger boobs such a problem? Most women pay thousands of dollars to go up 2 cup sizes! Well the reason is that I don't know how to work these new boobies, and I can't quite get the depth perception working. With how clumsy and forgetful I'm becoming it's not uncommon for me to reach for my bra strap to hike it up or to try and scratch an itch and unintentionally punch myself in the boob (I've done it twice this morning already); which really hurts because they are so sore these days, but wouldn't be pleasant at any stage really.

So in closing, I know my husband is thrilled and may a little obsessed with my new boobies, but it is causing me some logistical problems. I should always keep in mind to be careful of what I wish for and to just be happy with who I am.

1 comment:

  1. Better tell John not to get too used to them. Once you quit nursing, it all goes away. :-(

    ReplyDelete